URGENT COVID-19 Update
With the provincial COVID19 restrictions in BC and Alberta extending into December, we are postponing the start of GKHAT from December 18th to January 9th.
COVID-19 has spiked across western Canada, and the board would prefer to take a precautionary approach to protect our athletes, coaches, families, and communities.
We will be extending our refund deadline to December 31st
, so we will all have time to assess how the situation evolves. We are also cancelling Christmas camps at this time, and full refunds will be issued immediately to those that have registered.
We will be reviewing this decision in early December, and if we do go ahead with Christmas camps, the camps will likely be offered to competitive U12/U14 athletes only. Due to the travel restrictions put in place earlier this month, these athletes have not participated in any of our usual pre-season training sessions. A smaller cohort will allow us to work through our COVID19 procedures in preparation for January.
On a brighter note, our online auction was a great success, raising almost $14,000
in auction sales and donations. I want to thank all our members for contributing to and participating in the auction. I would also like to thank Sue McRoberts, Sarah Short, and Tracy Van Zalingen for all their hard work planning and organizing the auction.
We will endeavor to keep everyone informed over the coming weeks.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions or concerns.